As well as paying rent you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
Permitted Payments before the tenancy starts
- Holding Deposit This is equivalent to one week's rent (this will go towards your first months rent)
- Deposit 5 week's rent for annual rent below £50,000 and 6 weeks rent for annual rent above £50,000.
During the tenancy
- Novation of tenancy £50.00 inc vat or the reasonable costs per request.
(A novation of tenancy is when the original contract is extinguished and is replaced by a new one in which a third party takes up rights and obligations which duplicate those of one of the original parties to the contract.)
- Late Rent Payment Interest charged at 3% above the bank of England base rate.
- Lost security item or device The reasonable incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices. Standard key cutting currently £12.00 inc vat.
- Early termination A charge not exceeding the financial loss incurred by the landlord.
- Other permitted payments Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Non-Housing Act tenancy fees
- Tenancy agreement £360.00 inc vat
- Tenancy extensions £150.00 inc vat
- Company referencing £180.00 inc vat
- Guarantor referencing fee £90.00 inc vat per guarantor
- Rent arrears fee £42.00 inc vat for each rent not received by the date specified within the agreement
- Returned payments £25.00 inc vat
- Check out fee £165.00 inc vat
Let Only Service
C3 (Residential) £714.00 inc vat payable for each letting where the tenant is introduced through the agent.
C4 (HMO) from £780.00 inc vat payable for each letting where up to three tenants are introduced through the Agent. The fee will increase by £60.00 inc vat for each extra tenant introduced.
Full Management Service
Let Only Service + 12% inc vat of the rent received, deducted by the Agent
e.g if the monthly rental was £1000.00, you will pay a fee of £120.00 inclusive of VAT. Should the agreed rental be higher or lower than the example price, the commission fee due will be correspondingly higher or lower.
The fees under the above services are payable when any individual or organisation enters into an agreement to rent the property as a result of our promotion, introduction, or viewing by the Agent.
Tenancy Agreement Fee
- £150.00 inc vat – included within the initial set up of each of the above. This fee is for any renewals or changes required after the first tenancy agreement.
- £20.00 inc vat – this fee applies should you require paper versions of your financial statements.
Professional hourly rate
- £50.00 inc vat Charged by the Agent when required to carry out any additional services
Accompanied Check In
- £45.00 inc vat
- £162.00 inc vat to include the check out report and all the negotiation and administration involved with returning the deposit.
Void Property inspections
- £30.00 inc vat (per visit)
Major works fee 10% inc vat of any works agreed
Security Deposit Registration Fee
- £84.00 inc vat
Gas Safety Certificate
- £84.00 inc vat
- £84.00 inc vat
Non-resident landlord (Quarterly)
£36.00 inc vat for quarterly submission of non-resident landlords to HMRC
Non-resident landlord (Annual)
£60.00 inc vat for Annual submission of non-resident landlords to HMRC
- £120.00 inc vat
Management take over fee
- £300.00 inc vat, this will include a tenancy agreement check, property visit, smoke alarm and carbon monoxide check and if required a new tenancy agreement.
- £150.00 inc vat, should we need to attend court to give evidence or help support your claim these fees will apply. This fee includes expenses.
|Additional per room/bathroom||£15.00||£18.00|
Where the Landlord cancels the Agent’s instruction to provide a management service the Agent will charge, and the Landlord will pay, a fee based upon 14% inc vat of the agreed rent for the period, not exceeding six months from the commencement date of the tenancy.
VAT is payable at the prevailing rate on all our fees. In accordance with consumer legislation it is quoted as included in the prices stated above.